The Greater Victoria School District is committed to each student’s success in learning within a responsive and safe environment. Modification of this document is not permitted without prior consent from the Greater Victoria School District.
COMPLAINT PROCESS FOR A RESOLUTION OF CONCERNS
The Complaint Process ensures that any individual’s concern will be given respectful attention while upholding the integrity of the educational system. It provides clear procedures for the communication and resolution of any concern held by members of our Educational Community. The Educational Community includes parents, students, all Greater Victoria District employees and members of the public.
1. Any Greater Victoria School District employee contacted by a member of the
Educational Community with a concern will advise the person of the
complaint process and encourage the person to express the concern to the
2. Every effort should be made to resolve the concern at Step 1 of the process.
3. The process will be carried out within a reasonable time frame.
4. The person with the concern must be informed of the progress in each step
of the process.
5. The process does not deny access to the Greater Victoria School Board’s
Bylaw 9330.1 “Appeal Process Decisions Regarding Students” to resolve a
concern held by a member of the Educational Community.
Please refer to the document provided for information on the process.